Monday, June 21, 2010

Vuvuzelas

I learn from Jon Bernstein that political bloggers are supposed to have something to say about World Cup soccer.  I really don't have anything here.  I can't believe that the growth of soccer in the U.S. represents either a good or bad thing.  If you want to play, play.  If not, whatever.  I rather enjoy the idea of longtime international adversaries taking out their aggressions on the soccer field, but the matchups rarely seem to work out that way.  I've just never had really strong feelings about Slovenia one way or another.

The one thing I hoped to bring to the table has already been mentioned by Dana at Edge of the American West.  But I'll say it anyway.  If you have an iPhone, go download the free vuvuzela app.  You never know when it might come in handy.  I plan on using it during my kids' soccer games this fall.

No comments: